Monday, June 3, 2019

in advance of June 7th, why not an early present?

If you know me, you know whose birthday it is this Friday. It'll be three years since his passing. I'm still working on my book, of which he plays a major role, and I'm hoping to have a rough assembly done by the end of this month or early into July. Needless to say, his music is very important to me.

A year ago, a group of collectors named the Coco Bros assembled and mastered a compilation of mostly excellent quality unreleased tracks. They didn't end up sharing it widely because the bootleg community had been under threat by the estate of the artist I'm talking about today. In that year, nothing major has happened in the bootlegging community, and since all of these tracks were circulating before and are only collected in here to facilitate an introduction to this material, they gave me permission to share it. These are the MP3s, though a lossless version if also available.

To reiterate my point from the last paragraph, none of these tracks are exclusives. If you're already a die-hard fan, you've probably heard all of them. If not, I'm sure you'll find plenty to explore. Let me know if you have any questions. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

slow

It's summer, I have a job, I'm trying to write, I'm not getting much done, and it shows here. Sorry to anyone wondering what'...