Saturday, May 4, 2019

hearing voices

Sorry I haven't posted for a bit, life catches up with you sometimes and then you're trying to fend it off. That said, not much of a story behind today's post other than the well-known dub Erol Alkan did for Bloc Party's She's Hearing Voices wasn't the only version he did. A white-label 12" was issued with the dub and a full vocal version, which is excellent! No clue why the label didn't try and give this version a bigger release, as I think it's superior to the dub. I mean, it's Erol Alkan, the dub version is great, but when I hear a remix, I want a vocal version and then a dub version. You could argue that a lot of Alkan's remixes/reworks/edits are more about the instrumentals than the vocals, which is especially true with things like his Franz Ferdinand rework, but this version is so strong, there's really no valid reason to bury it on a limited release white-label 12". So, from my own copy, here's a rip of Bloc Party's She's Hearing Voices (Erol Alkan's Calling Your Name).

No comments:

Post a Comment

slow

It's summer, I have a job, I'm trying to write, I'm not getting much done, and it shows here. Sorry to anyone wondering what'...